Summer Soccer Training in Loudoun County
John Regan is proud to present a series of soccer training opportunities in Loudoun County. Our Camps, training programs, and clinics will be held in Leesburg, Hamilton, Purcellville, and Middleburg throughout the year. Our training curriculum is designed for motivated players willing to concentrate on the lessons, cooperate with others, maintain a positive attitude, and strive to improve their level of play. Our programs and clinics are very family friendly and parents are encouraged to observe and learn along with the players. Below is a partial list of our spring and summer training schedule. Feel free to CONTACT ME with any questions.
Spring I-League and Junior I-League: April 16-May 21 (Saturdays). Four weeks remain. Prorated $15/week.
Patrick Henry College Camps: July 11-15 and August 1-5 (M-F). Early registration rates end May 15.
Morven Park Weekend Camp: July 30-31 (Saturday and Sunday). Camp is full. No more registrations being accepted.
PATRICK HENRY COLLEGE CAMP: JULY 11-15 AND AUGUST 1-5
Half Day Option: 9:00-11:00 (M-F): Designed for players born in 2008-2011. *2008 players planning to play travel soccer in the fall may attend the full day camp. Cost: $135.00 before May 15.
Full Day Option: 9:00-1:00 (M-F): Designed for players born in 2001-2007. **Players born before 2001 may contact me about about our junior staff mentor program. Cost: $205.00 before May 15.
HIGHLIGHTS: Located on the beautiful campus of Patrick Henry College in Purcellville, VA. We offer detailed technical instruction and an experienced staff. Low player-staff ratio. Players attending camp must be willing to listen and learn. The curriculum is designed to teach important techniques and showcase these lessons in engaging games and activities. We train on the collegiate soccer field and the beautiful climate controlled gym. This is an all-weather camp and we move training indoors during extreme heat or inclement weather. There is a maximum of 40 players in each camp allowing your child to get the attention they deserve. The past four years have sold out quickly. We believe your enrollment fee is an investment in your child’s soccer development. Therefore, we eliminate a long lunch break and maximize time with the soccer ball. We do have several water breaks and a mid-day snack. A typical daily schedule includes training blocks. Each block is followed by a 5-minute water break. The schedule changes to include more indoor futsal training and games on inclement weather days:
- 25-minutes of ACES (agility, coordination, endurance, and speed) training. We teach the players how to run correctly, change direction, maintain balance, and change speeds with and without the ball.
- 25-minutes teaching a Dribbling Move of the Day and competing in 1v1 games.
- 25-minutes teaching a Skill of the Day and competing in 2v2 or 3v3 games.
- 25-minutes teaching Scoring Techniques and working on finishing.
- 15-minute snack break
- 25-minutes of 5v5 or 7v7 outdoor games with goalkeepers.
- 50-minutes of indoor futsal games in the Barbara Hodel Center collegiate gym.
Morven Park Weekend Camp: July 30-31
Saturdays: 8:30-11:30 and Sunday: 12:00-2:00: Players born in 2002-2007. $95.00 (CAMP IS FULL)
HIGHLIGHTS: Our weekend camp is an affordable, compact five-hour camp focused on fast footwork, attacking decision-making, and goal scoring. Located at the prestigious Morven Park in Leesburg, your child will enjoy the multitude of creative activities and leave with better attacking skills and goal scoring techniques. We spend 60-minutes shooting on regulation goals , teach attacking skills including 1v1 beating moves and combination play, and spend time playing 3v3 tournaments. In case of inclement weather our makeup day is scheduled for August 6. THIS CAMP IS FULL
Spring I-League and Junior I-League: Saturdays April 16-May 21: Harmony Middle School: $95.00. Prorated registration available. Four weeks remaining.
All players born between 2002-2010 will benefit from this program. Six Saturdays from 10:00-11:30. One hour of free goal scoring instruction is offered from 9:00-10:00 before I-League games. 43 players registered and participated in our fall program and we can accommodate about 60 children. Players born 2002-2007 play 6v6 games with goalkeepers and players born 2008-2010 play our Junior I-League 4v4 games with goalkeepers.
HIGHLIGHTS: The I-League is a unique playing format which gives the game back to the players with limited adult intervention. Players meet for six Saturdays at Harmony Middle School in Hamilton. Players from any soccer league or multi-sport children can enjoy the stress-free environment. It is by far the best soccer opportunity offered in Western Loudoun if your child loves the sport.
- Registered players are assigned a scorecard they are to bring to every session. Age-appropriate teams are randomly selected each day, and players are rewarded four points for a win, two points for a tie, and one point in a loss if their team scored at least a goal.
- Your child will play multiple shortened games with limited or no subs. Maximum playing time is the focus. They accumulate their daily points total and write it on their scorecard.
- After the six weeks the male and female points winners are awarded gift cards.
- The players decide on a team captain who designs the team formation and rotates players into different positions. The league develops leadership traits and emphasizes cooperation between peers.
- Our coaches do not interfere with the I-League games. We are there to supervise and help with any injured players. We do assist the Junior I-League players (younger kids) organize their games.
- A bonus hour of goal scoring is offered from 9:00-10:00 at no extra charge.
- Two makeup weeks in early June are designated in case of inclement weather.
I am available for individual, small groups, or team training throughout the fall, winter and spring seasons. Please call me at 703-431-3614 to discuss these training options for your child or their team.
All the listed Camps are directed and coached by John Regan. Additional staff will be used, if needed, to support the training philosophy. Many camps put the name of the director on the application, and delegate the training to less experienced staff. Our programs are smaller and guarantee a quality training environment. A full refund will be granted if your child is not completely satisfied with the training experience.
John Regan Soccer has been providing complete soccer education since 1991. Coach Regan will be actively involved in every training session. His reputation and attention to detail separate his training programs from the competition. We offer a complete money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with any of our programs. Your child will receive a high level of soccer training in a stress-free environment. We look forward to teaching your child the beautiful game.